Fondazione Luigi Bon
ita eng
Back

Valesio-Calice Palace

Paularo

Its construction dates back to 1591, as can be read on the arch keystone of the entrance door, and it was the residence of the Calice family, which looked after the interests of the Venetian Republic in managing the forestry assets of the valley. According to historians and scholars of this technique, the beautifully preserved architecture represents a prototype of the Carnic house. The historic cores of urban settlements developed in the valley between the end of the 16th century and the first half of the 17th century. Their architecture is considered to be of the utmost significance due to its elegance and monumentality.

 

Photography by Ulderica Da Pozzo

Fondazione Luigi Bon Regione Autonoma Friuli Venezia Giulia Ministero dei Beni e delle Attività Culturali e del Turismo Comune Capofila Tolmezzo Fondazione Friuli
Camera di Commercio Pordenone - Udine Orchestra FVG AIAM Io Sono Friuli Venezia Giulia
PrimaCassa Comunità della Montagna della Carnia Comunità di Montagna Val Canale BIM Carnia Industrial Park
Legnolandia Goccia di Carnia Secab
Privacy Policy Cookie Policy Transparent Administration Credits P.IVA 01614080305 Instagram