Fondazione Luigi Bon
ita eng

Church of San Biagio

Socchieve - Mediis

With its very simple structure, the church of San Biagio dates back to the start of the 16th century, the portico to the 18th century. At the top of the façade, there is a Baroque bell tower. The choir is decorated with some frescoes, in particular, the Fathers of the Church are depicted on the vault. It also houses a truly remarkable masterpiece: the majestic Flügelaltar (winged altarpiece) created by Michael Parth and his workshop from Bruneck, dating back to 1536. The central panel depicts the three figures of Saint Blaise, the Madonna and Child, and Saint Florian.


Photography by Ulderica Da Pozzo

Fondazione Luigi Bon
Regione Autonoma Friuli Venezia Giulia Comune Capofila Tolmezzo Ministero dei Beni e delle Attività Culturali e del Turismo Io Sono Friuli Venezia Giulia
Fondazione Friuli Camera di Commercio Pordenone - Udine ERT Ente Regionale Teatrale del Friuli Venezia Giulia AIAM
PrimaCassa BIM Comunità della Montagna della Carnia Carnia Industrial Park
Legnolandia Secab
Privacy Policy Cookie Policy Transparent Administration Credits P.IVA 01614080305 Instagram