Fondazione Luigi Bon
ita eng

Church of San Paolo

Chiusaforte - Raccolana

The church of San Paolo was built in 1856; the bells, removed by the Austrians in 1917, were replaced in 1923. A mountain town on the banks of the Fella river, Chiusaforte is part of the Tarvisio tourist district. From ancient times it has had a strategic function of monitoring the road that heading northwards along Canal del Ferro. Its name comes from the construction of a fort, the Chiusa, which was commissioned by the Patriarch of Aquileia around 1100. The Patriarch used the fort to impose a duty on passersby. It is the starting point for reaching the nearby Sella Nevea, the first cross-border hub between Friuli and Slovenia. The town is great for summer and winter trips, perfect for activities like hiking and rock climbing or canoeing and windsurfing in the nearby Predil lake.


Photography by Ulderica Da Pozzo

Fondazione Luigi Bon
Regione Autonoma Friuli Venezia Giulia Comune Capofila Tolmezzo Ministero dei Beni e delle Attività Culturali e del Turismo Io Sono Friuli Venezia Giulia
Fondazione Friuli Camera di Commercio Pordenone - Udine ERT Ente Regionale Teatrale del Friuli Venezia Giulia AIAM
PrimaCassa BIM Comunità della Montagna della Carnia Carnia Industrial Park
Legnolandia Secab
Privacy Policy Cookie Policy Transparent Administration Credits P.IVA 01614080305 Instagram